TerraSource Global is seeking a Senior Commercial Contract Administrator. This role will work to ensure contract terms meet company compliance requirements and business goals and standards through effective drafting, negotiation and coordination. This role is responsible for collaborating with various levels of the organization preparing contract documents that protect the interests of TerraSource, and will serve as a liaison between operations, sales, engineering, and logistics in the review, prioritization, and oversight of the contracting process to ensure prompt completion of the contract cycle. The Senior Commercial Contract Administrator must efficiently manage a large volume and variety of contracts, coordinating numerous agreements simultaneously while identifying issues for manager support where appropriate
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, TerraSource Global is a truly global company with sales, engineering, testing and assembly locations strategically located around the world. We have regional sales representatives stationed across six continents to provide local service to the 90+ countries with facilities using our equipment.
As a result of our continually expanding global reach, consistent history of successful installations and integrated network of experienced on-the-ground sales and service professionals, we are proud to have earned the reputation as the reliable equipment and parts provider and trusted technical resource for a wide variety of industry companies.
The TerraSource portfolio encompasses three trusted and long-standing brands, recognized the world over as leaders in performance, innovation and durability: Gundlach Crushers, Jeffrey Rader and Pennsylvania Crusher. The combined equipment portfolio of these flagship brands means we are uniquely positioned to offer real choice to our customers and enable them to find just the right mix of equipment to meet their specific material processing and handling equipment needs.
The combined portfolio of our three flagship brands means our customers have real choice among a comprehensive selection of size reduction equipment, screening and processing machinery, material handling equipment, pneumatic conveyors, feeders, and storage and reclaim equipment. With our outstanding product lines, extensive application expertise and seamless commitment to timely and professional service, TerraSource Global is well positioned to build on our long history of being a preferred solution provider in industries such as power, mining, agriculture, pulp and cement, recycling, steel and aluminum production and industrial waste management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, identifies risks and areas of concern on contract terms and conditions based on interpretation of those company polices, develops alternative terms and conditions as part of the contract negotiation process and provides contractual advice, guidance and support to all involved departments.
* Provides interpretation of appropriate timing for revenue recognition as defined in contracts, consistency with proposals, and monitors fulfillment of contractual obligations including billings, and cash collections, ensures all requirements including documentation, are met, and ensures timely processing and delivery of capital order documentation as required in the contract while coordinating with all involved departments.
* Reviews, monitors, and processes all non-technical correspondence with sub and/or prime contracting parties. Ensures electronic contract files and databases are complete with all documentation pertinent to each order.
* Initiates recommendations for updates to company standard templates and assists in drafting new templates and processes as needed by the business. Assists with the development and communication of standards, processes, and procedures across responsibilities.
* Reviews Non-Disclosure Agreements and Master Agreements for compliance with TSG policies and develops alternative language for negotiation to protect the interest of TerraSource. Ensures Non-Disclosure Agreements and Master Agreement files are complete with all documentation pertinent to each Agreement.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
* Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university preferred; a minimum of five years related experience working in contract administration or similar field.
* Contract Skills: Proficient understanding of contract terms and conditions. Contract / agreement briefing, negotiation and review experience. Experience in monitoring contracts of increasing complexity and value.
* Language Skills: Excellent verbal / written communication skills. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to all types of inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
* Mathematical Skills: Proficient ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, margins, markups, and percentages.
* Reasoning Ability: Requires considerable judgment to work independently toward results, devising methods, modifying or adapting standard procedures to meet different conditions, making decisions based on precedent and company policies. Plan and perform a wide variety of duties requiring general knowledge of company policies and procedures applicable within area of responsibilities and including their application to cases not previously covered.
* Must be very detail-oriented and understand the importance of quick and accurate responses when needed. Strong interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills, along with strong communication skills
* Must be able to exercise independent judgment and discretion
* Maintain effective internal and external customer relations
* General computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office. Experience with JD Edwards is preferred.
* Occasional overnight travel required, including out of country (5%)
* Must possess a valid driver's license for the state of residence and be insurable under the company's motor vehicle insurance policy
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 10lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee's ability to see near and far distances.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At TerraSource Global, a Hillenbrand Company, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.
Associated topics: business, company, compliance, counsel, courtroom, internal, lawyer, legal department, llp, market