Spectrum Brands - Pet, Home & Garden, based in St. Louis, Missouri, is a leading supplier of well-recognized consumer products globally for the pet supply markets, and nationally for the home, lawn and garden insect and weed control markets. The company delivers innovative products of outstanding quality for the pet owners of dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles. The company also delivers groundbreaking products of exceptional value and top-notch quality, so consumers benefit from insect and weed control solutions. The Home & Garden brands - Spectracide?, Garden Safe?, Hot Shot?, Cutter?, Repel?, Black Flag? and Liquid Fence? - and the Pet Brands - Tetra?, Instant Ocean?, Marineland?, 8-in-1?, Dingo?, FURminator? and Nature's Miracle? - are well-recognized by consumers for delivering exceptional value and trusted results.
This position is responsible for supporting Seed Molding production through a variety of tasks, including pushing and troweling molds, washing used molds, room/department clean up, and obtaining, loading, moving, and managing product carts. The Molding Associate performs any and all duties required for production of molded seed product.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Push empty molds through filling line * Trowel filled molds to specified density * Load product carts with compacted/troweled product for drying * Tag and move full carts to appropriate area * Clean carts, molds, and department/room as needed * Assist Molding Operator with making glue * Comply with all company policies and procedures * Demonstrate high levels of good housekeeping practices to promote a safe work environment. * Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Profile
* High School Diploma/GED * Minimum one year experience with setup or operation of packaging equipment is preferred, but not required.
* Ability to communicate effectively, read, and comprehend basic instructions. * Ability to repetitively lift up to 50 pounds * Ability to stand for 10 hour shifts * Ability to push/pull carts that may have loads exceeding 200 pounds * Strong Attention to detail
* Exposure to water, hot and cold climate * While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.