We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Mercy , named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2018, 2017 and 2016 by IBM Watson Health, serves
Mercy includes more than 40 acute care and specialty (heart, children's, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, 800 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 44,000 co-workers and 2,100 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Reporting to the VP-Deputy General Counsel , the Contract Assistant is responsible for assisting the Legal Services Department for Mercy Health by participating in the following activities:
- Facilitation of obtaining document signatures and uploading executed documents for purposes of record retention.
- Oversight of appropriate users access and activities in contract database.
- Ensuring accurate contract updating and management as needed to comply with documents required from various requests throughout Mercy.
- Searching and providing copies of documents as requested.
- Support Leadership and the Ministry Law Office with special projects, as required.
The Contract Assistant will perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the mission and values of Mercy.
Contract Management System:
- Maintain contractual information on Mercy's web-based contract management system in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assist with contract activity to include service agreements, physician contracting, affiliation and transfer agreements, clinical trial agreements, leases, service and vendor agreements.
- Upload newly completed agreements and other pertinent documents within two (2) business days. Any exceptions are reviewed and discussed with the supervisor.
- Provide assistance with requests and questions from management and other co-workers; resolve other issues pertaining to contracts in Mercy's web-based contract management system.
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Maintain central contract archive by filing original agreements by entity and type. Limits access to persons in authority with legitimate business need.
- Conduct regular signature tracking in order to obtain fully executed agreements.
- Respond to requests and questions concerning contract process.
- Assist in resolving other issues related to contracts and escalating to the Paralegal - Contract Management when necessary.
- Special Projects as Required:
- Provide administrative support for the Legal Services department. Perform other tasks as requested by leadership.
- Ability to travel to other Mercy locations as required.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
- Education: High school diploma. Some secondary education preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience in a law office or legal department AND intermediate skills in Windows, Word, Excel and web-based programs
- Requires a highly self-motivated and independent worker who is able to develop and keep own schedule, is able to prioritize assignments and meet the needs of co-workers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and high work volume.
- Preferred Experience: Five (5) years experience in a law office or legal
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a \"\"top 100 places to work.\"\" We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit eligible coworkers. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills. What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Transforming the Health of Our Communities.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Associated topics: attorney, customer, courtroom, divorce, lawyer, law office, law practice, litigate, litigating, litigation attorney