In this position, the incumbent will be responsible in the set-up, operations, and troubleshooting of the equipment in the production areas.? Additional duties will include documentation of work and specific computer functions. Must integrate company initiatives such as BPE into work practices. Responsible for safely producing vaccines which meet all product specifications in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice standards.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
? Duties & Responsibilities\\:
- Perform duties associated with aseptic processes, weighing, measuring, counting, calculations, sampling, and verifications required for biological production processes in accordance with batch production records (BPR) and in compliance with current good manufacturing practice (cGMP) standards, all current safety standards and site procedures.
- Complete understanding and can perform advanced operation of production equipment and ensures all equipment, instruments and production materials are released and available for use. Look up and perform transactions within the electronic inventory management system.
- Perform advanced equipment and process troubleshooting
- Leads production processes, cleaning, environmental monitoring and personnel and perform in-process batch quality checks per the written procedures. Knows and follows safety rules, wears appropriate safety equipment and maintains proper safety practices at all times. BL-3 technicians are required to participate in the BIVI Encephalomyelitis Program without health restrictions.
- Advanced computer skills to create and update standard operating procedures and write deviation reports, and to complete all training as assigned to include general company procedures, area procedures, equipment operation, computer operation, safety, GMP, BPE, and other as needed.
- Generate or collect new ideas about workplace and processes.
- Bachelors? degree plus one (1) year experience and/or Associates? degree plus three (3) years? experience in Microbiology or related field and/or High School Diploma plus (5) years? experience in related field
- Advanced computer skills with Word, Excel and Electronic Management Systems, advanced biological equipment knowledge and/or experience (i.e.\\:? fermentation, centrifuge, concentration units), basic understanding of biological organisms.
- Ability to read, interpret and conform to batch records, Quality and Safety requirements.
- Advanced with FDA, USDA, EU, and EPA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to assist maintenance and process engineering in troubleshooting.
- Complies with all the business compliance requirements of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Housekeeping, Environmental, Safety, and Security.
- Ability to operate applicable ERP system.
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., USDA, OSHA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures.? When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management.
- Demonstrated high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain BIVI?s excellent reputation in the community.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view.? Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines.? Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.? At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation.? Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry.? Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. Ben Venue Laboratories Inc. and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Person with a Disability
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers.? As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.
Associated topics: biomedical, drug development, food, histologist, histotechnologist, immuno oncology, industrial hygienist, physiology, therapeutic, toxicologist